I Recommend Yelling

I hate my cell phone with a fiery passion.  I have had it just over a year and it has had to be replaced five times.  That’s right. FIVE.  For the SAME problems.  Seriously, every time I go to make or get a phone call I cannot hear anything if it has been on the charger for any amount of time.  How annoying is that?  I mean I don’t want to have to shut my phone off and on every single time I want to make or get phone calls.  And now it won’t charge on a brand new charger that I just got last week.  So I did what I am supposed to do, I went back to Verizon AGAIN.  This is the third time in a month I have been back to get this phone looked at and let me tell you, I was quite mad.  Especially when work is trying to call me like last night and can’t get a hold of me.  I was determined to be calm and firm and demand a different model of phone.  It’s not like I was asking for an iphone upgrade.  Just a different model because obviously this one has issues.  I went to the Verizon store and calmly waited for a guy to come help me.  Now mind you, while I was sitting there, just moments before they came to help me, a co-worker tried to call me and I could not hear her.  I tell the Verizon guy what the problems are and he decides to take it to the back to see if he can replicate the problems.  He comes back out in a few minutes and tells me there is nothing wrong with my phone and he can hear just fine.  I ask him if he rebooted it or removed the battery and he assures me he didn’t.  Yet, when I click on my browser button, which normally opens to whatever page I was on last which in this case was Facebook, it opens to google telling me yes indeed he either re booted it or removed the battery.  Very calmly, I try to tell the guy that my phone does this EVERY single freaking time I charge it and now my charger won’t work.  He tells me the charger is bad and will replace it.  I ask him in a very polite, calm, and slightly angered voice what I have to do to get a new phone.  I am informed that if the problems can be replicated he will send me yet ANOTHER refurbished phone but I cannot get a different model because I don’t have an upgrade available.  It is at this point that I became that woman.  You know the one.  The one who starts to yell at the customer service employee and is so mad you can hear her voice start to quiver and the tears start to threaten to come.  I was THAT mad.  I believe the words “Fuck that” came out of my mouth.  I even got dramatic and said something to the equivalent that a child could die if work could not get a hold of me all because he wouldn’t replace a phone that obviously does not work and has already been replaced  five times.  Pretty sure I scared this guy a bit and I am also pretty sure every person in the place heard me, including those at the Starbucks next door.  My face might have been beet red and my blood pressure might have been quite accelerated and I might have had tears threatening to flow but I made my point.  I wanted a new freaking phone and I wanted it now.  After my rant, I quickly had a new model being sent to me tomorrow…an UPGRADED BRAND NEW phone.  Moral of the story, sometimes nice doesn’t work and in that case, I recommend yelling.

As for my journey, tomorrow is the dreaded visit with the scale for the week.  Gross.  Means two things.  I have to look at the number on the scale and I have to see myself naked.  Maybe I will cover my mirrors so I don’t have to see myself naked.  That’s an idea!  As for exercise, I plan on trying out my new Just Dance 3 Wii game tonight by just doing the arm movements since I can’t do the feet.  By Friday, however, maybe I will have better news.  I might have to get the torturous treatment of waterboarding the steroid injection by Will Ferrell but maybe the boot will come off.  I can only hope.  Because lately I really do feel like a lump of fat sitting on my couch.  A lump I tell you.  And not like this couch potato:

More like this:

Yup.  Pretty sure.

Oh yeah.  I didn’t die today.  I think the guy at Verizon thought he was gonna die but I didn’t die. I am fat girl ranting and yelling to get a new phone running.  The experiment continues….

10 thoughts on “I Recommend Yelling

1. thestormyblonde January 4, 2012 / 5:03 pm

From the anonymous & utterly impartial point of view from a fellow wordpresser & serial dieter (there is no such thing as maintaining weight in my books, only constant watch to make sure I don’t put any on), I would say – don’t cover your mirrors cause it makes you unaware of yourself and your progress. I look forward to reading more by you 🙂

• ladymiryaa January 4, 2012 / 5:05 pm

Like I have said before…I just don’t like how I look naked. Period. Pretty sure I wouldn’t have sex with me! 😉

2. jenny85201 January 4, 2012 / 6:18 pm

Oh, my very dear Kristann…. yelling is not always the way. Last night I had a very similar conversation with Cox Communications because in the year and change that I have had their service, there is always something that doesn’t work properly. Not cool in my book. The thing that pisses me off most is that I get differing information from every single freaking rep I talk to… and whoever I talk to first is usually pulling information out of their ass and totally off base. So apparently I need to listen to one person for a few minutes and then hang up and call back and talk to someone who doesn’t store their information in their colon. Wait… no… the part that pisses me off MOST… that would actually be the fact that every time I call their customer service, I end up with yet another charge added to my monthly bill. WTF?? Should I just have my boss direct deposit my freaking paycheck to Cox? Oh… and I ditched Verizon about 6 months ago. Stupid pricks. I am totally in love with T-Mobile now. Completely. LOVE THEM.

• ladymiryaa January 4, 2012 / 6:30 pm

I would ditch Verizon except they really are the only ones who get decent service up here and we get a discount through the hospital. Sigh. I have tried to be nice and calm every time I go in there but what frustrated me today was that I was just in there last week with the same problems. Obviously the phone has some serious issues. Or is possessed. Or both.

3. jenny85201 January 4, 2012 / 6:19 pm

Oh… and I didn’t yell… not once… I did whine, almost cried…. and did lay the guilt trip reeeeeeeally thick. I would have been a great Catholic mom… I just know it.

4. Shellie Koeberlein January 4, 2012 / 9:19 pm

Good for you! These cell phone companies are really getting obnoxious with their “rules” If they gave us quality products and decent customer service, there wouldn’t be much for us to complain about… It would almost be worth the arm & a leg they charge for service if we actually got phones that don’t glitch to high heaven and people who treated us like the people who PAY them instead of like the enemy… After 5 replacements they should have offered you a free replacement upgrade without you having to ask… I hope the new phone is awesome and glitch free 🙂

5. Scott January 4, 2012 / 9:32 pm

“I became that woman. You know the one.”

Haha, I really enjoyed reading this. I feel like you probably reacted the right way in this situation considering the circumstances. I wish you luck with your next phone

• ladymiryaa January 4, 2012 / 9:35 pm

Thanks Scott! Jury is still out until the new phone comes tomorrow…let’s hope I don’t have to resort to more yelling 😉

• Scott January 4, 2012 / 9:54 pm

Frustration leads to anger, anger leads to yelling, and yelling leads to violence… be careful 😉

• ladymiryaa January 4, 2012 / 9:58 pm